Social media took the world by storm with the first launch of MySpace. All of a sudden communicating (and stalking J) became much easier. Our lives were changed forever. It kept us glued to our desktops and as technology improved, we found ourselves chained to our smartphones. In the meantime social media has exploded with various different social media platforms, but with the biggest ones being Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest (although Pinterest has been undergoing a downward spiral).
BUT the biggest change within the social media world and the one that totally changed the game is the fact that the focus has drastically shifted. Yes, we still watch Sheryl’s poodle dancing to “Heya!” in our newsfeeds, but it has now become the main, and most prominent, playing field for businesses; start-ups, small businesses, and larger companies and corporations. Real business owners and entrepreneurs know and understand the power that lies within social media marketing.
Let’s go back to traditional basics; what is marketing? It is the process of communicating your message regarding products, services and offerings to a specific target market. The word “communicating” should already suggest the potential that lies in social media.
So, why does your business need social media marketing? The reasons are endless, but let’s lay down some hard facts:
- Social networks are one of the fastest growing industries in the world with an annual growth rate of 25.0%
- You build brand awareness and online visibility.
- You build personal relationships with potential customers.
- Communication with current and potential clients are simplified and effective.
- It increases brand loyalty.
- It tells customers and potential clients that your business is client focused and see engagement with them as a priority.
- Facebook has 1.55 BILLION active monthly users!
- Twitter has 255 MILLION active monthly users!
- LinkedIn is the perfect platform for businesses focusing on B2B marketing; if you’re looking for the decision makers of a company – LinkedIn is where you will find them.
- Google+ has 300 MILLION active users! The secret to a Google+ account is not overpopulating it with content, but because of Google itself. If you have a Google+ account, the Google search engine gives you preference!
- Instagram has 700 MILLION users! The saying that says a picture’s worth a thousand words? Well, that might be true, but it can also be a thousand bucks if you play your social media marketing cards right.
- 78% of Small businesses state that they attract new customers through social media marketing.
- 33% of customers state that they’ve found their new favourite brand/service/product via social media.
- Did you know that if someone was to Google your company or specific products/services, the relevant SOCIAL MEDIA accounts will be the first ranking on the search page? This fact makes the next even more of an eye-opener; consumers search business’s online first before doing business with them and 63% will only do business with companies with a reputable and established online presence.
- Social media is a way of quickly communicating with your customers or potential customers and 71% of customers/clients who receive a quick social media response (heaven forbids if you DON’T HAVE A SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE!), will recommend your brand/business to others. You’ve just sorted your word of mouth marketing as well!
- 2 in every 3 adults use social media, so unless you’re targeting people who can pay for products and services in Monopoly money, social media marketing makes sense. By not playing the social media marketing game you are basically ignoring leads.
So, now that you’re convinced on WHY you need social media marketing, why call in the experts? Well, clearly, we know all the facts J. But beside that, social media marketing is not simply posting a status with a photo you took on your IPhone. There’s a LOT more strategy behind social media marketing. And you have to be tech savvy.
You need us because:
- Due to the continuously developing internet marketing and social media platform industry rules and guidelines are constantly changing. What works the one day, won’t work the next. It’s our job to stay on top of the latest updates in order to get you the most out of your social media marketing – you should be focusing on your business.
- Do you have the time to check your social media accounts for comments, mentions, reviews etc… 24/7? Not if you’re a serious business owner. The key to being successful in social media marketing is being quick and smart. You’ve got other priorities to focus on.
- Each business is unique – just like each social network platform – and you won’t necessarily be playing on the same platforms as another business. We know which social media platforms will benefit your business the best. We fit your business’s unique characteristics and purposes to the best matched platforms. A bit like a social media cupid.
- There is a BIG myth regarding money sent on social media. By some it is regarded as a waste of money with no ROI. If an amateur does it, I’m willing to bet my own money that that might well be the case, but not with experts backing you. IN FACT, social media is the LEAST costly when it comes to advertising and you get the MOST REACH & ROI from it. BUT now is the time. We don’t know ‘till when things change, and social media will become just as expensive as most other forms of advertising. DON’T let the opportunity slip you by and become one of your biggest business regrets. Social media marketing is the best investment you can make for your business.
- You can’t post just anything on your company page/profile. That’s where the strategy comes in. We’ve been doing this since the first flutter of a tweet – we know what we’re doing. Unfortunately there’s a fine line between becoming an inconsistent and ignored brand vs. one that’s validated as an authority within their industry known for quality output.
- 40% of potential customers were influenced by the post visual accompanying the post; can you honestly say that you know how to create a professional graphically designed image with the perfect pixilation and layout?
- Content is key. Not only when it comes to SEO, but also to basic human psychology. Can you create catchy status updates that actually makes people take action?
- For each social media platform and type of post there are optimum days and times to post during which your target audience is most active. Do you know when that is?
- We can target posts to your specific target audience so accurately that it ranges on the scary.
We can go on and on, but at the end of the day the proof is in the factual posting pudding; if you are a serious business owner or entrepreneur, you need, no, scratch that, HAVE to be doing social media marketing, and if you want to see the ultimate results and benefits; you need us. Simple as that. Contact us today for your FREE evaluation consultation: www.brandcentralstation.co.za